The ongoing pandemic, and subsequent surge, this fall has significantly impacted and changed how and where we workout, causing major shifts in the health and fitness industry. Recently, RunRepeat.com surveyed 4,538 active adults from 122 countries. These respondents were surveyed regarding the best way to stay in shape in 2021 versus 2020 prior to the pandemic.
- Exercising outdoors is the most popular fitness trend going into 2021:
- 1% of active adults chose outdoor activities like running, training, hiking, and walking as the best way to stay fit in 2021; up 14.6% from the start of 2020
- 4% of gym members are switching to running and other outdoor activities in 2021
- The three fastest-growing fitness trends amongst active adults going into 2021 are:
- At-home fitness equipment (up 49.6%)
- Personal trainers/nutritionists (up 47.5%)
- Online fitness courses, classes, and subscriptions (up 16.8%)
- Home fitness is growing explosively amongst active Americans and gym members:
- Active American adults saw significant increases in both at-home fitness equipment (up 218.3%) and online fitness (up 134.7%) as the best way to achieve fitness goals in 2021
- Gym members also saw significant increases in both at-home fitness equipment (115.9%) and online fitness (93.3%) as their best solution for staying fit.
- The biggest loser of 2020 is memberships to gyms, health clubs, and group exercise classes:
- 5% fewer active adults see gyms, health clubs, and group exercise classes as the best way to stay fit in 2021.
For more great health, workout, fitness, nutrition and healthy living articles, we highly recommend http://www.runrepeat.com