Colder weather means full length ankle leggings, Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Mix in your coffee, and these easy to freeze ahead, deLISH High Protein Pumpkin Pancakes to start your day and help us power thru you busy morning without feeling hungry until lunch!
**These pancakes freeze great for up to 3 weeks.
1 cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
3 large egg whites (⅓ cup)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 scoop whey protein powder or egg white protein powder if you are lactose intolerant
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. baking powder
nonstick cooking spray
2 T. reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
Cinnamon to sprinkle
- Combine pumpkin, almond milk, egg whites, and extract in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Combine oats, whey or egg white protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add oat mixture to pumpkin mixture; mix until just blended.
- Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat. Ladle about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 90 seconds, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide pancakes between two serving plates; top evenly with yogurt. Sprinkle with cinnamon
Nutrition Facts: Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 8mg 3%
Sodium 364mg 15%
Total Carbohydrates 47g 16%
Dietary Fiber 12g 48%
Protein 22g 44%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.