The bad news is that gyms, yoga studios and parks are closed while everyone is under mandatory self-quarantine due to the Coronavirus. The good news is that there are some great home fitness online streaming programs to choose from that offer a wide variety of workouts ranging from yoga, barre, cycling, circuit and HIIT to name a few.
Things to consider include: cost, type of workout, how long each workout takes, your fitness level, and if equipment is needed. Here are a few recommendations:
- Beach Body on Demand: Top recommendation is beachbodyondemand.com. Annual rate right now is $99.00. Beach Body has a treasure trove of top, incredibly inspiring fitness instructors, such as Tony Horton, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson, Autumn Calabrese, and my favorite Yoga – Barre Blend guru, Elisa Joan. With Beach Body, you’ll have every kind of workout from beginner to advanced with a deep variety of offerings, so you’ll never get bored.
- Daily Burn: Is a monthly membership at $14.95/month. Like Beach Body, they have a wide variety of instructors and workout programs designed for beginners to advanced.
- Amazon: If you are an Amazon Prime Member (I mean who isn’t these days), simply input search terms such as Workout Videos included with prime, yoga videos included with prime, etc. What I like is that most of the streaming workouts are ranked with user reviews.
- YouTube: Simply enter key search terms such as workouts, yoga, barre fitness, HIIT Training, Core Workouts, etc. Best of all these workouts are FREE. One of my favorite YouTube Fitness Instructors is Jessica Smith. She’s a seasoned Group Fitness Instructor who has led many top workout videos including Women’s Health Magazine, Shape, and many more. Plus, her French Bulldog, Peanut, is too cute for words. https://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv
- Your Local Studio: Most of your beloved yoga, spin and barre studios and gyms where you practice and workout with your favorite fitness instructor are offering online workouts via Zoom and Facebook Watch Party Groups. It’s a great way to keep up your workout routine and support your local small businesses to help them get through this tough economic period that no one knows how long will last.
- The Core Transformer: This total body resistance band workout will sculpt, tone and burn calories from head-to-toe beginning first and always with your core.
These are challenging and uncharted times that none of us have experienced in our lifetimes. Uncertainty beginning with lack of testing for COVID-19 has created fear of the unknown with atavistic tendencies, such as hoarding toilet paper. Standing in super market lines, has revealed the best (folks sharing and caring), and worst (shouting matches and hoarding) in us. Keeping up a regular workout routine connects digitally, helps manage our anxiety and stress, and of course keeps us fit.
We know that a lot of you are hurting financially, so during this COVID-19 Pandemic, we’re offering 30% off our entire store. Sign up for our Newsletter to stay connected with us and get the coupon code.
Stay safe + sane,
Linda LaRue, Founder, American Fitness Couture