Congrats on building a large, loyal following on Instagram and/or Facebook! The next step is reaping the rewards of your ingenuity and hard work. If you’re a bona fide Insta rock star, you’ve probably already been approached by brands. If not, then here are a few steps to help you get in front of the right brands for partnering to become a paid Influencer:
Be A Paid Influencer on Instagram and Facebook
- Make a list of your favorite brands you would like to represent.Then, visit their websites searching under marketing, social media, and/or Affiliates. Note: If you are a micro-influencer, that is you have 1000 to 10000 followers, a revenue share on sales generated from your posts is a great way to start small, grow your digital footprint and built loyalty with a brand. (Hey, there’s nothing more satisfying than mutuality.) American Fitness Couture has an Affiliates Brand Partner Program with great rewards for your efforts.
- Join an Influencer Network.There are several influencer marketing platform companies that will put you in touch with brands seeking relevant influencers. They include: Influence.co that has 1,000 brands across 65+ countries, so there’s plenty of potential partners who may want to partner directly. Simply submit an application to become approved, then start getting paid. Another good Influencer Marketing Platform to find brands and have brands find you is Buzzweb if you have a minimum of 5,000 followers. You can use the platform to calculate your potential monthly earnings based on the size of your following. And you can apply to be a part of as many campaigns as you wish. Good news is that you get paid within 24 hours after your post.
Blog. Creating content with relevant articles, images and video is an ideal platform to monetize, because of your ability to create key SEO specific to brand categories. Selling banner ads, paid blog articles and affiliate links are the top three ways to be paid for your efforts.
Create a YouTube Channel. According to Google, here are the various ways you can make money with your YouTube Channel
- Advertising revenue.Get ad revenue from display, overlay, and video ads.
- Channel memberships. Your members make recurring monthly payments in exchange for special perks that you offer.
- Merchandise shelf.Your fans can browse and buy official branded merchandise that’sshowcased on your watch pages.
- Super Chat. Your fans pay to get their messages highlighted in chat streams.
- YouTube Premium Revenue.Get part of a YouTube Premium subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch your content.
Compile Your Stats. Key to brands choosing to pay to partner with you is your ability to show them you have relevant statistics that will help drive visibility and sales. Besides your number of followers these include:
- Follower age demographic. This means your followers need to match the perspective brands age demographics.
- Ad engagement or Click Thru Rate. This means the number of your followers who actually click on your link taking them to the brands website.
- Actual sales are the reason brands partner with you. A reasonable ad spend to sales or ROI is a minimum of $1 payment to you that generates at least $4 to $5 dollars in sales or more.
The good news is that you don’t have to be a Kylie Jenner or any other Kardashian to begin turning your in social media digital marketing efforts into money. However, the bottom line to long term success when partnering with brands, is to make sure your followers are purchasing!
We invite you to apply to become an American Fitness Couture Affiliate. To apply, click here